Navigation Menu

M-odest, O-bverse of fashion norm, G-ood looking, U-rbane and E-ducated

Thoughts

Now this is a backtrack of Saturday's event.
I attended women for Africa award as a Press for my Fashion Magazine and at this event were so many African women, very beautiful with so many gorgeous designs.
One of the attendees who is also the President of this organisation (Women 4 Africa), a Nigerian Celebrity: Stella Damasus. She enlightened everyone about the abuse of women in Africa with case studies. This got me thinking, African women are abused on a daily basis. Some were abused when they were little, others as teenagers and some while married. It has become a big issue around the world, most especially in Africa were there is no one to fight for them. We must all try our best in every way possible to help these women. I have started playing my part, and I implore you to start too.. no matter how little, one day we will be heard and domestic violence will cease.

0 comments:

Thank you!